How many of you know about IceBucket Challenge OR did take the IceBucket challenge? Can we do something similar for our iitg and call it is as #GiveBack2IITG?
IITg is really short of funds and have good ideas to use that funds for students and other causes. They primary source is dependency on their on Alumni base. We know some of us are crorepatis and few more will be in some time. But to make every drop count, we can contribute as small @ INR 200 per month.
By doing simple math, assuming 75% turnout from close to 8000 alumni’s, INR 200 per month (less than a pizza bill, this makes INR 2400 per annum). We will be able to give back INR 1.5 CR back to the institute per annum.
Can we do it? Yes, we can easily do it.
Can I take the pleasure to nominate Kshitiz Anand Kiran Kumar Thota Ankit Nagori Sachin Bhatia Ravi Sethia to take this forward 🙂
URL – https://auto.iitg.ernet.in/epay/donation/donation.jsp
— with Subhash C Mishra and 3 others.
IITG has made it really easy to donate online, and the donations are subject to tax benefits u/s 80G of the Income Tax Act 1961.
You can choose how your money should be used. On the donation link, once you fill out your details and proceed to the next page, you will be presented with the following options:
- To make an “Unrestricted” donation, meaning IITG will choose where to use the money
- To make a “Targeted” donation for one of the following purposes:
- Awards for UG and PG students
- Financially supporting deserving students
- Awards/prizes for research innovations by UG and PG students
- Setting of Chair Professors and scholarships in their relatives names
- Improvement of Hostel Facilities
- Young faculty awards
- Top ups to attract the best faculty members
- Promotion and encouragements to co- and extra-curricular activities
- Adopting villages around IIT Guwahati
So without much further ado, the rules of the #GiveBack2IITG challenge are:
- Within 72 hours of being nominated, you must donate to IITG (https://auto.iitg.ernet.in/epay/donation/donation.jsp). There is no minimum or maximum limit on the donation amount, but you must make a donation to successfully complete the challenge. Of course, you need not wait for someone to nominate you. You could just make a donation and start your own chain!
- Please declare your successful completion by posting your “Donation ID” (from the donation receipt) to your social media of choice (FB, Twitter, Google+ etc.) with a link to this article and the hashtag #GiveBack2IITG. It is not essential, but if you want to, you may mention the amount you donated as well.
- Please nominate other IITG alumni for the #GiveBack2IITG challenge in your post.
Hope you will donate generously, spread the challenge far and wide, and help IITG surge ahead!
– Sumit Mudgal a.k.a Muddi